Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happiness is a Choice: Is It:?

Is it really? Can we choose happiness despite being deep down in sorrow or pain or hardships.May be we can.
It actually boils down to perspective perspective of how to see life, how you think of it . What is your measurement of happiness or what will make you happy.It can really be as simple as a cup of Hot tea on a sunny afternoon with family. Or even the Rarest of diamond might not make you happy.
Yes we might think or make ourselves believe that we need House/Money to be happy. Yes we do need it . to survive not to be happy. You can /will be actually truly happy when you feel at peace with yourself.Well I mean is that If you are alone and not busy (not doing some chore) and still feel that nothing is missing..everything is in place , life is beautiful above all you do not have a nagging feeling that something is missing I have left something, I need to tend something ..Then You are at peace .
 I am not sure how many people are lucky to feel this constantly in their lives.. I know I do not .I have periods when I feel happy , that is when I think everything is going to be fine.. again here point is my perspective of when I think All is Well. It depends on what my priorities are . What is of out-most importance to me might not even remotely matter to other. So Its all perspective.

According to me to feel happy we need to change this perspective we need to see things in a broader view. According to me Health might be most important thing , and Why did I have this is because I see health issues in my family . My mom is diabetic and is now suffering from its complications like Nephropathy /High BP/ODEMA .list is really long . I have seen my brother getting diabetics at an age of 25.. I see all my uncles and all suffering from one ailment or other. So my circumstances/ what i have seen/ pain I have felt seeing Mom in pain has made my perspective what It is today.
Now for someone , who has never seen an illness as mundane as fever in his/her family , for them maybe health might not be such a big issue ..if someone is not able to go to college due to lack of Money or even cannot get treatment/save someone because of financial issues, for them Money is the biggest concern , they will think we will/can be happy once we have money

So this perspective or opinion which we form base don our circumstances is very very personal >And the fact that each of us will have our share of issues/concerns/problems while we are in this world is also true,.. after all this is the Journey we call life. Think of it in terms of food.. Will you like your aallo-tikki - if it does not have any salt/Masala.. what good is that. Similarly Life without a few what ifs/buts /and worries will be boring

What God want us to do is get through each phase and learn from the experience. Though I am saying it but I fail to understand that learning we will have by seeing family member's sick seeing them in pain .. or what learning will a child of Somalia have.. that you might need to beg for food or stare to death.I am still trying to figure these things ..Why Do we have so much sufferings for some people .. What good can a starving child do/bring to this life experience.

Sometimes I feel , My Mom being sick has all demerits She an independent women had to leave her job as teaching(which she loves) and come to Bangalore due to Health issues, as Arunachal does not have advanced medical facilities, My parents have to be always after being together for almost 30 years due to her health as my papa cannot leave his job . he has one more year for retirement. I see her getting bored at home with nothing to do as she faces language issues in South.But sometimes I feel , maybe her being sick brought us all together as a family . We now share each and everything. All of Us siblings are also more close then ever. But this could have been achieved by some easier means also right :) like talking/spending time etc. But its difficult to see someone you love suffer



I see my bro suffering as this age.. reason we give is he was overweight to make ourselves happy that is by blaming something  we could have controlled so that we don't feel totally helpless ..But then you can see poeple heavily overweight and still do not have any issue not even high cholesterol But then to counter this  Sugar is something of a manageable disease, we can manage it properly if we set our mind to it and can lead a perfectly normal life with this.. What About young children who get cancer at very young age, or young people who get heart attack without any warnings So its again all what we make ourselves believe, can we take charge and . meet the issue head-on or do we want to die in self pity. But thinking brave and not comparing ourselves to someone better off then us is a huge task .Its not as easy as saying yes you need to look at the bright side.



So although I can say OK try to be happy, but how to do that is something I am learning yet..

Keep you posted f I get the answer.. But I think this is one of the toughest trail I have set myself on..

1 comment:

Richa Sharma said...

Every one has problems in his or her life and we all face it in our different ways. And yes we all try to be happy..if not by getting what we desire then by adjusting our priorities as per the situation..