Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Decor Balls using ThumbTacs!

Sometime ago , I found this art using Styrofoam balls covered in thumb tacks . It was immediately moved to my  TO DO folder . But as I was in India, I was not able to do it as I could not find Styrofoam balls .
This long weeknd I finally got the chance to get the stuff and try making the balls!

I got the Thumb tacks from Dollar Tree (Yes 300 for 1$ cool right!) and few colored ones from Home Depot . Totally I spent around $8 on this project , including the vase for keeping these.

I also snagged the styrofoam balls from Dollar Tree . Here are my Raw materials.


Then started the tedious process of sticking the thumb tacks in to the ball. It's nothing if not time consuming.



                                           

But end result is worth dying for! This is picture of only golden thumb tack balls in the vase.


one more pic :) taken during morning!


What I am going to do with the colored ones! Hmm something nice, Pics will follow soon!

 People in India , I have seen these balls on Amazon  for reasonable price, and maybe check out in Staples.

Note:That Green colored bottle is actually , lemon juice bottle, which I re used ! Looking great right!


Well on those colored balls :) I will let the pics say it all.
  I had one candle stand , just spray painted it Glossy White (Only one coat worked :))


Looks great right .. I am loving it!

4 comments:

charu said...

Awesome piece of hand craft...
keep goin!!!!!

Prachi said...

Thanks Dear!!

Richa Sharma said...

Wow these are great..nice work :)

Prachi said...

Thanks Richa!