Thursday, September 01, 2011

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi

Ganesh Chaturthi, the birth anniversary of Lord Ganeshji, is celebrated with great pomp and show in India. It is a popular Hindu festival that is celebrated in a grand manner every year According to the Hindu calendar; the festival comes on the 4th day of Bhadarva Shukla-Paksh and falls around August or September.

Lord Ganesh is known for his inclination towards sweets. Therefore, a festival dedicated to Lord Ganesha will always be incomplete without special sweet dishes .

I decided to make some for the Lord this time, I am normally not in to too much pooja and all . But One has to start !
I thought of making , Seven Cup Burfi  
from the famous Devine Taste . But It was a flop :( I guess I goofed up some measurement So It ended up being gooey ladoo instead of Burfi . Although it tastes good!
After one failure I decided Ok let me make 5 different kinds of sweets this year . Yup that was the level of my enthusiasm.

I started with Besan Ladoo . My mother's fail proof recipe, It involved only 3 ingredients (Besan/Sugar and Ghee) Fairly simple right. After many misses I was finally able to make both ladoo and burfi with this!

Then I wanted to try Chikki . But I went through my pantry and I had only handful of groundnuts . So I improvised, I used Half groundnuts and then almonds to make this Burfi. Looks delicious!

Then I made my trade mark Coconut Burfi, using Fresh Coconut and Milkmaid
Recipe is so simple that it can be described in one line, i e Heat the Coconut and Milkmaid for 3-4 minutes and then Pour it on a plate and let it cool/refrigerate.

As I was thinking what to make next , this yummy Rava Ladoo caught my eye, I got all the ingredients and started making this. Again I made some mistake somewhere and ended up mixture being too dry (. So I added little more ghee , warmed it again and made burfi .I hope taste wise its good.





So all done and set to lure Ganeji this time!


Here one more my prasadam which I just feasted myself on!


No comments: