Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wall Art Using Toilet Paper Roll!

Since I came to California, I wanted to do wall art using the Toilet/Kitchen paper towel rolls. Its like best way to reuse stuff which we would normally throw away.

My inspiration was this image from pintrest.

I loved  the simplicity of this one from the blog Just a Girl. So I started saving the paper rolls. As soon as I had enough I got to work!.

You will need:
  • Toilet paper rolls : I started when I had at least 15
  • Scissors
  • Glue -I used fevi quick
  • Spray paint in the color of your decor choice. I used metallic brass and white
  • Rubber Gloves 
  • Canvas :3
First. Flatten your rolls, then cut into 6-7 equal strips.You should be having something like this :
Then I first formed flowers /patterns which I decided to use in my design.
You can do this by gluing together two of the little petals together first .Then glue two more to it, creating an “X” with the four petals. 
You can also glue 3 petal together to form a half lotus kind of image and then glue two of such together two form flower.

Once you have the flowers formed, and glued properly (let it wait for few hours)
Now you just have to glue them to the canvas in design  you want  and then spray paint it!
I did the following two designs :



 AND




 And this is after the art is placed on the wall!
`




For now I am in love with it. When I get tired of it, I can throw out the rolls and reuse the canvas , by repainting it . So its always a win-win situation!




2 comments:

Richa Sharma said...

brilliant work..simple yet so beautiful :)

Prachi said...

Thanks Richa!